14 Oct Create your 10 week Christmas Plan
Christmas can be either a crazily busy time if you are a retailer or wholesaler, or it could be a quieter time if you are a freelancer. Either way, with a little over 10 weeks to go, you need to plan your time now and get into action to maximise profits before the year is over.
Here are our top 10 Christmas planning ideas and top 10 Christmas promotional ideas. Download and print our 10 weeks until Christmas planner below to help.
- Develop a promotional and operational plan for Christmas including goals and actions.
- Review and renew your database/s.
- Go through your inventory and place orders.
- Remind clients of Christmas deadlines and Christmas closing dates.
- Organise human resources – outsource tasks or start recruiting extra staff and develop rosters for pre- and post-Christmas.
- Arrange Christmas celebrations for staff and/or customers. Before you make arrangements, ensure you understand what can and can’t be claimed.
- Add festive flair to your store/website/social media banners – book and brief your designer/web designer/photographer.
- Book any major advertising.
- Find a creative way to acknowledge customer support.
- Ensure your IT support is sufficient.
- Offer incentives to customers before the Christmas rush, or incentives for cash sales.
- Introduce New Year offers that have to be paid for in December.
- Create a YouTube Christmas message.
- Develop Christmas bundles or vouchers
- Establish or participate in joint ventures or fundraising events
- Pre-book your clients for work in January.
- Run a Christmas competition.
- Host a VIP night.
- Make a donation to your favourite charity.
- Run a Christmas-focused email campaign or send Christmas cards.
The 10 weeks until Christmas planner
Print or download our 10 weeks until Christmas planner.
If you want to spend more time working on your business in 2020, why not join Beyond Business Groups?! Take a look at how it works.