14 Oct A 10 week business Christmas action plan
On the 10th week of Christmas my business coach gave to me … a 10 week business Christmas action plan!
Christmas for a small business can be either a crazily busy time if you are a retailer or wholesaler, or it could be a quieter time if you are a freelancer. Either way you need to plan your time now and get into action to maximise profits before the year is over.
Here are our top 10 Christmas planning ideas and top 10 Christmas promotional ideas. Download and print our 10 weeks until Christmas planner below to help.
Top 10 Christmas planning ideas
- Set SMART goals. SMART is an acronym which stands for Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant and Time-based. Here is an example of how the concept works – Your goal: more sales. Your SMART goal: To increase overall gross profits between October and December 2022 compared to the same time in 2021.
- Develop a promotional and operational plan for Christmas including these goals and actions.
- Review and renew your database/s.
- Go through your inventory and place orders.
- Remind clients of Christmas deadlines and Christmas closing dates.
- Organise human resources – outsource tasks or start recruiting extra staff and develop rosters for pre- and post-Christmas.
- Add festive flair to your store/website/social media banners – book and brief your designer/web designer/photographer.
- Book any major promotional activities.
- Find a creative way to acknowledge customer/staff/supplier support.
- Ensure your IT systems are sufficient to manage potential sales growth.
Top 10 Christmas promotion ideas
- Offer incentives to customers before the Christmas rush, or incentives for cash sales.
- Introduce New Year offers that have to be paid for in December.
- Create a YouTube Christmas message.
- Develop Christmas bundles or vouchers.
- Establish or participate in joint ventures or fundraising events .
- Pre-book your clients for work in January.
- Run a Christmas competition.
- Host a VIP night.
- Make a donation to your favourite charity and publicise it.
- Run a Christmas-focused email campaign or send Christmas cards.
Create your 10 week business Christmas action plan for 2022
Create your 10 week business Christmas action plan using our planner. Print or download it now.
Free info, tools and workshops
To keep up-to-date with all our articles and free workshops and worksheets, sign up to our monthly newsletter (we promise we won’t spam you!).